Thursday, July 22, 2004

More Maddux

The Cubs send me off with a couple of victories, thank you!

I'll be on vacation for the next week, so unless it starts storming a whole lot in Puerto Vallarta, there won't be much blogging going on.

Maddux throws another complete game with Javier Valentin ruining what could have been another shutout. 92 pitches, 0 BB, 6 K's. 2 more wins to the illustrious 300 and 6 more wins to keeping his 15 wins a season streak alive. Unlike Clemens who I always appreciated but never really liked much, I never could root against Maddux. Even when he tore our hearts out and left us, I always felt it was the Cubs management's fault in some way and all accounts point to that conclusion.

He's by far the smartest guy on the field everytime he steps out there, has never really been hurt and his glovework and respectable bat for a pitcher show me he knows every little thing helps to get a victory. Just sounds like a classy guy, who deserves all the success that has come his way. Plus that "Chicks Dig the Long Ball" commercial is still one of my all-time favorites.

While I'm on vacation, hopefully I'll come up with some regular features for the blog to keep you guys coming back, plus thoughts on some research projects I want to get started on. In the meantime I assume, Hendry and Baker will have fixed what ails the Cubs in the next week and we'll be back on top of the Wild Card by the time I get back. (I will not speak of catching the Cards unless we get within 5 games)

Good luck Cubs!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home