Saturday, October 30, 2004

Carlos Beltran Update

WARNING...The AngelFan wife has taken over my blog.

I live in L.A., for those who don't know, and this little tidbit was on the front of the sports page.

The Angels plan to cut ties with Troy Glaus and pursue Carlos Beltran.

And you all thought I was crazy when I wrote this. With Appier, Glaus, Percival, Sele leaving and the probability of declining Russ Ortiz's option the Angels will lose $41.5 million off their books next year, not to mention another $3 million when they trade Jose Guillen away. Throw in a bunch of extra revenue from 2 playoff games and a new attendence record and I think the Angels won't be cutting all that much payroll as people think. The paper also says their biggest priorities this offseason are starting pitching and center field. (For those unaware, they're moving Garrett Anderon back to LF, keeping Erstad at first base and inserting Dallas McPherson at 3B). They also will probably make a run at Pedro Martinez.

Next year's lineup possibility:
Eckstein
Beltran
Guerrero
Anderson
DH (Combo Davanon, Quinlan, Kotchman or a signee)
McPherson
Erstad
Molina
Kennedy

You could move Erstad to the leadoff spot and drop Eckstein to 8th, also Figgins will be super-subbing again, probably starting at 2B until Kennedy recovers from his knee injury.

If that happens and they sign Pedro,(starting staff of Pedro, Colon, Escobar, Lackey & Washburn), the Angelfan wife may have bragging rights for the longest time. Yuck!!!

Cutting ties with Glaus although unexpected means their is another marquee free agent out there, one who will end up being a much better signing than the supposed third base trophy that is Adrian Beltre. Mark my words, Troy Glaus's next 5 years will be better than Adrian Beltre's. (Not accounting for injuries....no one can predict those unless it involves Ken Griffey's hamstrings)


8 Comments:

At October 7, 2005 at 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a great blog here! I will be sure to book mark you. I have a soul food recipe site. It pretty much covers soul food recipe related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

 
At October 12, 2005 at 12:37 AM, Blogger Dream Builder said...

Hi there, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my automatic business business lead lead leads.com mlm mlm opportunity opportunity responder responsive seeker seeker related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

 
At October 20, 2005 at 12:54 AM, Blogger Danny White said...

Nice blog! I have a free lead sheet music site I thought you and your visitors might like.

Click on free lead sheet music to check it out. free lead sheet music

 
At October 23, 2005 at 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great elder law information. Check my site if you get a chance as well elder law

 
At October 26, 2005 at 8:27 AM, Blogger Marketing man said...

Hi, you have a great blog here! If you are interested, go see my aggressive internet marketing related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

 
At October 29, 2005 at 2:34 AM, Blogger Shock Carlos said...

Hello, you have a very interesting blog here. I really enjoyed reading it -- Keep up the great work.

I have a email automatic responde related blog/site. When you get a chance, especially if you're looking for online-ISP services or email automatic responde come on by and check it out.

 
At October 29, 2005 at 3:10 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a list mailing manager site/blog. It pretty much covers list mailing manager related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At February 24, 2006 at 9:17 AM, Blogger Kenneth said...

Hi there RobG . I am out there searching for the latest information on internet marketing promotion and found your site. Although Carlos Beltran Update wasn't exactly what I was looking for, it certainly got my attention and interest. I clearly see why I found your page when I was searching for internet marketing promotion and I'm glad I stopped by even if it wasn't directly what I had in mind. Keep up your great work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home